Uniform / Dress Code
Full uniform must be worn at all times (unless otherwise determined by the Principal).
- Black blazer with College badge
- White shirt, worn tucked in.
- College tie, worn correctly, with emblem visible. Ties that have been cut, frayed or otherwise damaged are not allowed.
- Smart black full length trousers or black skirt. (Jean-like trousers or immodest skirt length are unacceptable.)
- Black or brown sensible shoes. Trainers and similar style leisure shoes are not permitted.
- A College (logo) V-necked black long-sleeved jumper may be worn underneath the blazer as an optional item but not as an alternative to the blazer. Cardigans are not accepted. Plain black V-neck jumpers will be accepted until Easter 2013.
- PE/Music sweatshirts may only be worn for PE or Music activities and not instead of a blazer at any point during the College day.
- Jewellery - students may wear discreet unobtrusive jewellery, for example small earrings or studs and a single ring. A plastic retainer should be worn in any other piercing. Health and Safety regulations for some subjects such as PE, Performance Studies, DT and Science, may require jewellery to be removed.
- Make-up, nail polish and hair – natural, discreet colours and styles only.
If for any reason an item can not be worn for a short time, please provide a note explaining this in their Organiser. They will then be issued with a green slip by their Tutor. Parents will be informed if standards of uniform fall below College expectations.
P.E. Kit required for all PE Lessons (boys and girls)
Key Stage 3 (all available from Fitness for Sport, Cornwall Street, Plymouth)
- Tavistock College polo shirt (black with PE logo)
- Tavistock College t-shirt (black with PE logo)
- Tavistock College shorts
- Tavistock College socks
Optional extras (all available from Fitness for Sport, Cornwall Street, Plymouth)
- Tavistock College rugby shirt
- Tavistock College rain jacket
- Tavistock College hoody
- Tavistock College gym bag
Key Stage 4 - Compulsory kit:
- Tavistock College O'Neills t-shirt (available from Tavistock College PE Department)
- Black shorts
- Tavistock College O'Neills hoody (available from Tavistock College PE Department)
Items that are highly recommended for all students
- Shin pads
- Swimming Lessons: Boys: Swimming shorts / trunks – above knee. Girls: Swimsuit
Friday, May 17, 2013